We’re looking for…
A vibrant, hardworking Warehouse Assistant Manager
Who are you?
High energy levels
Enjoys working in a positive environment in line with the ethos of management.
Attention to detail
Strong interpersonal skills
Good communication skills, whether oral or written.
Good at time management, planning and organising of daily and weekly tasks.
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Ability to make decisions and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
Ability to think out of the box, offer innovative solutions to challenges that can and will arise
Ability to work with people at different levels within the business
What’s the role?
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the warehouse manager
- Managing the receiving of stock into the warehouse
- Managing the distribution of stock orders both in and out of the warehouse
- Continuously ensuring that all warehouse housekeeping is executed on a daily basis
- Ensuring all vehicles / equipment is kept well maintained to schedule and records kept, in line with safety standards.
- Assisting the warehouse manager in the implementation and maintenance of warehouse processes and systems
- Assisting the Warehouse manager in the development of monthly reports
- Assisting the warehouse manager in the management of all warehouse staff
- Working with the warehouse supervisors and team leaders to ensure set targets are achieved within the warehouse.
- Handling all Customer queries regarding order status both telephonically and in person.
Managing the setup for monthly meetings
Boxes to tick…
- Tertiary qualification in warehousing, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain highly recommended.
- At least 5 years in Warehousing at a Supervisory level.
- Minimum of 2 years at junior Management level
- Ideally, having served as a Distribution Centre Manager, Warehouse Manager within an FMCG/ retail environment
- Reasonable proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Working knowledge of a CRM system.