We’re looking for…
An individual with excellent results in Finance/Accounting. The individual must be fully bilingual in
English and Afrikaans, must be detail orientated, love working with numbers and work well within a
team with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Debtors Controller.
Who are you?
Attention to detail.
You have great time management, planning and organizing skills.
You have the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
You have strong administration skills.
You have strong numerical skills.
Must have excellent communication skills (telephonically; email; verbal)
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Must be helpful on all / any level for both clients & company.
Able to work independently and in a team.
What’s the role?
You will be responsible for:
- Full reconciliation of debtors.
- Queries resolution
- Generate and Dispatch statements
- Monitor Overdue Debtors and invoices and Do Follow Up Calls
- Maintain routine and accurate bookkeeping
- Keep records of payments made
- Determine which accounts are overdue
- Contact clients who owe money in writing or by telephone to recover the outstanding balance
- Investigate reasons for short or non-payment
- Follow up on investigations until conclusion
- Makes follow-up calls
- In non-payment cases, makes the decision to ‘hand over’ to lawyers for collection
- Manage a large portfolio of accounts with a high number of transactions
- Allocation of payment from remittances
- Investigating and Resolving of account queries through liaison with internal departments and external service providers
- Contacting clients to recover overdue amounts
- Maintenance of client relationships
- Hand over processes
- Ad hoc debtors related work
Boxes to tick…
- Matric with good Mathematics results
- Tertiary Diploma or Degree with Accounting as a major
- 2 years work experience as a debtor controller.
- Fully computer literate
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Suit with very strong MS Excel
- Excellent handing of the English language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and mathematical abilities